At Fire Shield Fire Protection, Inc., our trained personnel serve customers throughout North Texas, each and every day, by performing annual maintenance. Annual maintenance is a thorough examination of the extinguisher. It’s intended to give maximum assurance that an extinguisher will operate effectively. Maintenance procedures include a thorough examination of the three basic elements of an extinguisher: mechanical parts, extinguishing agent, and expelling means.
During an annual maintenance we will check the following areas of the extinguisher:
• Guage is in the operable position
• Pin lock and tamper seal are is intact
• Inspection tag for previous service record
• Neck and valve for signs of corrosion
• Weight to make sure it’s full
• Hose for cuts, wear or blocking
• Thread damage
• Operating instructions on the nameplate are legible and facing outward.
Each extinguisher receives a Fire Shield Fire Protection, Inc. maintenance tag that indicates the month and year of maintenance and the person performing the service. The same tag indicate whether or not recharging and testing were performed.
Note: During annual maintenance it is not necessary to internally examine non-rechargeable, carbon dioxide, or stored pressure extinguishers except stored pressure types containing a loaded stream agent.