Inspection & Service
Fire Shield Fire Protection, Inc. offers thorough inspection and service programs to ensure that your kitchen fire suppression system is always ready to contain or extinguish a fire.
Inspecting restaurant kitchen hood fire protection systems for proper function requires more than just a visual overview or a system test. Proper maintenance from a factory authorized, trained service technician is essential for compliance and warranty.
The inspection and service process
Service Technicians will perform the following:
• Visually inspect appliance location and layout for nozzle coverage
• Visually inspect all surface, duct and plenum nozzles
• Verify there are no signs the system has been activated or tampered with
• Check pressure gauges for proper PSI
• Take system out of service to avoid discharge of agent
• Test the detection line by cutting a fusible link
• Change fusible links twice a year
• Replace protective blow off caps as needed
• Test proper operation of gas shutoff valve(s)
• Test proper operation of micro switch(s)
• Test proper operation of the remote pull station
• Verify connection to fire alarm system (if applicable)
• Check for system 12 Year test dates
• Document any discrepancies and need for repairs
• Verify distributor emergency contact information is on system
• Inspection and service tag properly completed and attached to system
• Put the cooking system back into service
Upon completion of the inspection and service, our service technician will provide certification of compliance if everything is in order. If we are unable to certify your system, you will be informed of the discrepancies that need to be addressed and we will schedule a time to make the repairs or upgrades needed for your compliance.
From semi-annual inspections, including fusible link replacement, to hydrostatic testing of system bottles, we will ensure proper operation of your equipment in the event of a fire.
Along with regular maintenance, Fire Shield Fire Protection, Inc. offers inspection services for all types of fire protection equipment, including fire extinguishers and emergency exit lighting. Contact us today to learn more about inspection procedures and keeping your kitchen safe.